We want to provide safe and comfortable transport. With an eye on safety and to avoid obstructing fellow passengers, we ask you to follow the legal regulations and our house rules. Listed below are all the instructions and rules that you should be acquainted with when travelling with a bicycle, strollers, or wheelchair.
You may take your pet with you for free in a bag, on your lap or on a short lead. A folding bicycle is considered hand baggage and thus can be taken on the vehicle for free.
You are welcome to take you bicycle with you outside rush hours on the metro and IJtram 26. This is how it works:
- You must pay to take your bicycle with you. View bicycle map
- Never take your bicycle with you during rush hours. The rush hours are Mon-Fri 07:00 to 09:00 and 16:00 to 18:30.
- You may only take your bicycle on the metro carriage with the doors that have a blue bicycle sticker.
- Place your bicycle in the space reserved for that purpose.
- The bicycle space on the metro and IJtram 26 can accommodate two bicycles.
- Bicycling on platforms and at stops is not permitted.
Please obey the rules or you risk being fined.
A mobile scooter is allowed on a tram or metro if there is sufficient space. The maximum permitted size is 120 cm long, 70 cm wide, and 109 cm high. You must always follow the instructions of the driver or conductor. The driver or conductor may refuse a scooter entry to ensure the safety of you and other passengers.
Not in the bus
Mobile scooters are not permitted on buses.