As of 1 June, passengers 13 years and older must wear a face mask on our trams, buses, metros, and ferries. You must wear a mask even if you are wearing a helmet on a moped or drive a car onto a ferry.
Wear a face mask is also highly recommended at metro stations and at stops.
You are responsible for acquiring your face mask. A non-medical face mask without a filter is sufficient (for example, made of cotton). A shawl or bandana is not sufficient to meet the requirements.
Face masks for sale in the vicinity of public transport
Our GVB Service & Tickets kiosks
single-use face masks are for sale (2 for €2). Reusable and washable GVB face masks are also available (2 for €8.95).
Face masks can be purchased from vending machines at certain GVB locations:
- Central Station at the platform for metros 51, 53, and 54
- metro station Nieuwmarkt at the Nieuwmarkt exit
- metro station Waterlooplein at the Stadhuis exit
- metro station Weesperplein, in the hall and in The Pitch store
- metro station Wibautstraat at the North exit in The Pitch store
- metro station De Vlugtlaan on the platform
- metro station Jan van Galenstraat, on the platform
- metro station Postjesweg, on the platform
- Station Lelylaan, in the hall in the old GVB Service & Tickets kiosk
- metro station Heemstedestraat, on the platform
- metro station Henk Sneevlietweg, on the platform
- metro station Noord in the hall
You can buy a packet of 5 for €5. PIN card payments only!
The exact requirements that must be met by your face mask and how to wear it correctly can be read about on the government website.