Business season tickets
Accommodating commuter transportation
Do a lot of your employees use public transportation each day to commute by bus, tram and/or metro? Or, are you looking for an efficient and customer-friendly way to provide your employees with a ster season ticket for a city/region (season ticket for public transport by tram, bus and metro)? Then... a large-scale contract might be the solution for your business.
What is large-scale usage?
A large-scale GVB contract is a collective contract that provides you with centralized administration, delivery and billing of season tickets for your employees. Many companies in and near Amsterdam are already benefiting from a large-scale contract. Download the manual (pdf). Download a change form (pdf).
Benefits for employers
The travel costs for the commuters for your company are easy to understand (no more separate claims or loose collections of single tickets and/or subscriptions)
- purchasing an annual season ticket is cheaper than paying for 12 monthly cards, namely, a cost saving of about 1½ to 2 months (times the monthly price)
- the effort required to purchase an OV season ticket is reduced, so your company can save on travel costs and less parking spaces are needed for your employees (or reduces the parking nuisance in the neighbourhood)
- encouraging the use of public transport contributes to the positive image of your company being environmentally conscious
- offering accommodating public transportation options to personnel (and future employees) is seen as a nice fringe benefit, your OV contact person in your company can count upon service oriented support from GVB;
Benefits for the employee
- your employee can order and collect a ster season ticket from your OV contact person within your company.
- financial settlement is streamlined because the cost of a season ticket are paid by the employer to GVB. What the employee pays the employer is determined by the employer themselves.
- a ster season ticket can also provide the employee with an extra tax advantage: the cost of the season ticket, if not reimbursed by the employer, may be used as a deduction for their taxes
- your personnel do not need to monitor when they need a new season ticket. GVB sends every season ticket holder an annual "renewal" letter making it possible to directly renew the season ticket.
- a free personal OV-chipkaart
The bottom line
How does it work?
A large-scale contract means that your company has much less administration, saves money, and offers an extra service to your own employees.
An employee is appointed within your organization as the contact person for all communication with GVB. In practice, this is often someone in your salary or personnel department. This contact person will take care of all interactions with GVB, such as new applications and request for refunds, duplicates or changes. This provides us with a distinct point of contact within your company.
For each delivery of one or more season tickets, The contact person will receive a status report providing an overview of the individuals and season ticket information and the costs involved. The invoice can then be sent to the desired department.
Season tickets via work:
appealing for employee and employer!
For more information:
You can always use the mail form to contact GVB Customer Service.